Monday, June 18, 2012

whoa

okay i am so popular. i got a million emails on the day that i have no time. good job guys! but i will email everyone back next week.
okay can i say how much i love my companion? she is the best and she is helping me SO MUCH. i taught 4 out of the 6 lessons one day. ya ME! I have never done that before. i didnt feel like a worthless missionary and felt like i was helping people YES!

so on the 12 of june it was the philippine's independence day. i kept saying happy 4th of july! haha no one gets my jokes here. i am teaching the philippines how sarcasm works cause they dont get it.

mom! the little green toys you sent me to give to the kids ya know? i gave them to them and they all were sooo happy! they loved them!! they took like these leaf things and tied them around their neck! i'll send you pics.

there is an part of my area that is a mountain. we have to do it 3 times a week. up there people don't live in civilization. as in, dirt floors what the! its like what you expect. its cool cause no other sisters area is like that! but no one speaks english there. so my tagalog is getting better yay!

happy birthday dad i can't remember how old you are-cause you are old. but happy birthday don't get too old in the next year!

so here's a funny story for ya'll..so we participated in choir. so hilarious ok. it was our ward conference yesterday so we had a special musical number. well ALL the girls wore red shirts and black skirts. we all looked the same. and all sat in the first two rows on the floor so we could stand up in the front and sing. well  was in the DEAD center. cause i am the tallest! what the i am short in america! anyway, i had to stand up first to get my position then everyone else followed. well in our church we dont have any air con so every sunday i fall asleep cause i am so tired, hot and bored cause i cant understand remember. so i fell asleep and heard brother vicher say "now we will have a musical number by our choir" yep. thats my cue. so i fix my hair, wipe my drool (not really just said that for exaggeration) and stand up. everyone is saying to me "go sister curtis go" haha SOOOO embarrassing. oh well then we sang and we did fine. but hilarious.

if i had one peso for everytime i heard "teach me how to duggy" or however you spell it i would be a millionarie. haha i dance everytime i hear that song. i miss music. everyone listen to cool music for me.
we have zone conference this week! i am so excited i love zone conferences! i remember thinking at my first one, wow the next one i'll be out almost 6 months! haha so cool.

i am doing so good here. i love being a missionary! it's so fun. everyday is so fun and exciting. my life will never be this crazy again, i hope. but i love these people people! i love them so much!! time is going by so fast. i realized i only have 12 more months-and i DONT KNOW THIS LANGUAGE!!! girls get screwed cause we only get 18months to learn a language and hello 5 of mine ARE GONE!! i am stressed. so stressed that my nice zone leader asked how i was doing and i just started crying cause i cant speak in tagalog. then he kept speaking tagalog to me-remember that is why i am criyng elder! then i went to the bathroom cause i didnt want anyone to notice and all these cute philippino missionaries were outside waiting to comfort me. how sweet huh? yes i cry all the time. i want to understand these people so bad and talk to them. everyone who is in america or speaking english count your blessings!!

thats it.
love ya'll  <--in remembrance of my texan  boyfriend
xo
sis c


ohhh good job mom running ragnar and all those cute ladies in our ward!! you guys are so cute! and dad for doing triathalons and other things. my parents are in better shape than me cool. love you!