Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Frizzy hair & I don't care

I am staying in cogeo! WOOOOO!!!! I will be getting a new comp tomorrow at transfer day! Excited. My first Zone Leader is now the AP and we saw them yesterday and i said "elder waite you better take care of me" cause he is my lolo (grandpa in the mission) and he said, "dont worry you will like your new companion-i know her and she's nice" YES! Thank you.

BUTTTT now we are four in Cogeo. Ugh. I don't like that. I knew things would change. I am super spoiled here. There are two rooms in our apartment and so i use one closet and sis O uses one. So I knew i had things too good with my own room pretty much! Anyway, I don't care I just PRAY I get a good comp.

just so everyone knows, parker and i have been together for 2 years. On June 1. He's the greatest. Just so everyone who reads this knows.

So, I had my first "what the crap is this meat I don't want to ask" experience and guess what it was?? LIVER. And I liked it. I didn't know until after we went home.

okay so my cute companion, it was her birthday on june 2 so we went out to eat and she bought. here if its your birthday the birthday person treats! gay right? anyway, i was fine with it. i asked her what her favorite present she ever got was. GUESS WHAT SHE SAID? I am thinking she will say, a pretty outfit, or diamonds, or a car, or something cool. she said, "one birthday i got 3 roses from my dad" uhhhhhhh the sweetest thing i have ever heard! thats how great these people are here. her first name is ella mae and i am going to name my little girl ella after her! haha

another story with my comp. ha so funny. so the other night we were walking to our apartment and there was this fried chicken stand (they're everywhere) and it smelled so good. I turned to her and said "have you ever made fried chicken, do you like fried chicken, then i asked her 4 other questions about fried chicken because thats how us curtis girls do. we ask a million questions. my companion had no idea what i was talking about cause she doesnt understand my english and said "fried chicken? where?" HA! i just laughed. it was funny then, when we are exhausted and all sweaty and stuff ya know?

i found PREGO! ya know the spaghetti sauce?? i made american spaghetti for my companion! here there spaghetti is sweet and nasty and i dont like it, but my companion liked it!

last p-day we went to the mall and i saw THEEEE cutest ray bans of my life. don't worry 7,000 Pesos. But i did not want to take them off. i said everyone "parker would tell me to buy these" i need to stop going into malls they make me go crazy. PS mom when we come back you will love these stores. all the clothes ARE SOOO CUTE! you would die mom. and they are cheap!!

so we turned half of our area over to another area so we had to work with those elders and show them all around that area and have them meet the LA's and investigators. i was SO stressed out. the elders were one american whose tagalog is perfect and a philippino. i was just nervous about my tagalog. so the first lesson, the elders share a message then turn to my companion to have her testify, she does beautifully, then she looks at me. and i forget every word of taglog. this is what i said "i know..that the church of jesus christ is true. NICE shelb. oh my gosh. after i stopped stressing i kept talking more and more in tagalog and the american elder said "sister curtis your tagalog is actually good" YES!!! best moment of my life. thank you.

well, its my last day as a trainee. WOO! i made it 12 weeks. the first week i didn't think i would make it 2 weeks. and i did! success. pray for my new companion! i love you family!!!